Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hiding Variables and Use of Section Access

Hi.

I'm using variables for licensing my qv module.

for example i'm using a variable storing a date in it, and then i check with vb code the value of it to determine if a license is ok or not.

If Important, i'm using section access also in my qlikview module.

I ran through a problem, and it is that every use can see the variables and even edit it's values.

Can I hide a specific variable or it's value?

Can I stop a user from going the the menu and select Variable Overview option etc.?

2 Replies
MrHusse77
Contributor II
Contributor II

Have the same problem
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the interesting thing from Help:

In this three-column list the names of all non-hidden variables and their respective values are displayed.

It mentions non-hidden variables, which tells me there is a means to hide them, but I am not sure what that is, the only thing I have been able to find is the HidePrefix and HideSuffix, but those make no direct reference to variables, only fields, so I do not know if they will work or not, but that is likely the only possible option I see at the moment:

HidePrefix

HideSuffix

Sorry I do not have anything better, but this gives you something to at least try, hopefully it may work with variables as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.