Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richho_microp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Line Chart show dimension label every 4 values

I'm sure this must be very simple but I'm going round in circles trying to make this work.

I have a table of values broken down into quarters of a day e.g. 01/07/2014 06:00, 01/07/2014 12:00, 01/07/2014 18:00, 02/07/2014 00:00, etc and I'd like to build a simple line chart that shows the sum of the IN and OUT numbers but only show a single dimension label by day but have four data points between each day.

So currently I have this:

Capture.PNG.png

And I'd like something like this (ignore that it shows a label every four days as excel wouldn't let me break down a day into 4 segments)

Capture3.PNG.png

I've also attached the sample app.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Richard,
Does this give you what you require.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Dear Richard,

This is the best solution i could come up with. You DATE is text field which means you cannot use date functions on. You can change that to the date format using the following syntax in your script:

Date(MakeDate(Left(Right(DATE, Len(DATE)-6), Len(Right(DATE, Len(DATE)-6))-6),

Right(Left(DATE, Len(DATE)-11),len(Left(DATE, Len(DATE)-11))-3),

Left(DATE, Len(DATE)-14)))

Hope this helps.

Regards

R

richho_microp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your reply and attachment but the business wont accept a bar graph as the current BI tool is able to give them the data in a line chart.

Also I believe a much easier way to get the inline table to show the DATE field as a date data type would be to set the TimeStampFormat to being;

SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm[.fff]';

That seems to have worked to get the value translated. 

Not applicable

Hi Richard,
Does this give you what you require.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

richho_microp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I should coco.

Great work, I can see how you've converted the inline data to a date and then used the Continuous Dimension Axis option.

Thank you