Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HTTPS does not work after server reboot

Hi

I had everything working nicely on port 443 using the Qlikview Web Server (11.20) and an ssl certificate on Windows 2008. After the server was (forcefully) rebooted, the Access Point only works on port 80. When I set it to 443 and https it doesn't work at all. netstat shows that it is listening (in fact, it listens on 80 and 443 - when I stop the service these 2 disappear from netstat).

There is no IIS on the machine. It is a very new install but was working until the restart. Please help?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I added the cert using netsh for ip:port [::]:443 and it is WORKING

So now I have the cert twice. Once for 0.0.0.0:443 and one for [::]:443. I don't know why it worked before the machine rebooted.

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Can you Netsh http show ssl  and either post it here are send me a private message with a screen shot of what you get?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

With the time difference I missed your msg last night. here it is. I blanked out a bit of the cert stuff.

Capture.PNG.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks, what version of 11.20 and are you running 2008 or 2008 R2? If you got it working does it happens each time you reboot?

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

2008 R2. The first time it was setup with a self-signed certificate and was working. The server restarted and then I thought it was the certificate. So I bought one and then installed it with the netsh calls etc. That made it work. Now the server has restarted again and it is not working.

Maybe it has something to do with netsh add sslcert? The screen shot above shows 0.0.0.0:443. netstat shows 443 on [::]:443. Is that the problem?

Not applicable
Author

I added the cert using netsh for ip:port [::]:443 and it is WORKING

So now I have the cert twice. Once for 0.0.0.0:443 and one for [::]:443. I don't know why it worked before the machine rebooted.

Capture.PNG.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Would that be for IPV6?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the [::]:443 is for IPv6. Maybe Qlikview Web Server is only binding to IPv6 for https. I hope it works after the next restart. In fact, I hope the server never restarts