8/15/10 08:00

8/16/10 10:20

Bubba

8/18/10 12:00

8/20/10 12:00

Hazel

8/08/10 09:30

8/08/10 10:15

We want to get the average, by person of time to complete each task. So, Bubba's average is (26:20 + 48:00) / 2 = 37:10. Hazel is simply 00:45.

Resulting table should be:

Employee

Average (in hours)

Bubba

37:10

Hazel

00:45

My Pivot Table current expression is:

avg(aggr(sum(EndTime - StartTime), Employee)), which is obviously not working. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As long as the dimension is employee, a simple avg(EndTime-StartTime) should work.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl,

I originally tried this, I'm getting 201:15 as a result from 441:37 and 81:04 (should be 261:41). I have no idea how QlikView calculated that number, it does not make any sense.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I imported the table above from Excel and the avg() funtion seemed to work along with the function sum(EndTime-StartTime)/count(Employee)*24*60. Does the table in your data source really have the structure you posted?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

No, it does not. . . I tried to simplify to take out the complexities of the table. Let me mess with this a little more and I'll post my findings/questions. I'll make sure to include all of the table structures. Thanks for your help so far.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ok, sounds good. My last suggestion by assuming what the table structure is like, I would try something like this:

avg(aggr(sum(EndTime - StartTime), CaseID))

Good luck.