Both Manish and Anand are right.
There are no limitations in terms of sharing with Qlik Sense, and you need no license. QlikView Desktop and Qlik Sense Desktop will run in different folders and will not share licenses.
QVF visualization apps (those created by Qlik Sense Desktop) can be open by any other person using Qlik Sense Desktop.
P.S.: Stay tuned to the New to Qlik Sense space!
Qlik Sense is a new product, different than QlikView and aimed to build, with the minimum technical knowledge, if any, visualization apps that can help you ask the next question, discover your data and make sense from your insights by means of self service discovery. To make it easier to use, there are no limitations in sharing because of license or so.
QlikView will keep as it is and there is no intent to kill or replace it. Current version is 11.20 SR7
What are the limitations in Qlik Sense Desktop?
It is a desktop version of Qlik Sense, which means:
- There is no server in this release
- You can share your apps with other users if they are using Qlik Sense Desktop
- Qlik Sense Desktop is hardcoded to expire at December 31, 2014.
- Section Access is not supported - When loading a QlikView App with Section Access an error message will pop up
- Hidden Script is not supported - Saving an App with hidden script will NOT save the hidden script - Data of hidden script will be lost in the next reload.
Can I install Qlik Sense Desktop on the same machine where QlikView 10 or 11 is installed?
Yes, Qlik Sense Desktop and QlikView Developer 10 and 11 can coexist on the same machine.