Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Where to set the abs. path

Hi,

I try to set up QDF for my applications to get things a bit more structured.

On our QlikView Server I can only connect via networkdrive to access my apps.

If I try to reload LoadIncludeExample.qvw I get an Error like this:

7/28/2014 4:41:45 PM: 0182          trace '### DF Error Did not find Z:\myFolder\02_Development\99.shared_folders\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\Z:\myFolder\02_Development\1.Example\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\Z:\myFolder\02_Development\99.shared_folders\3.Include\1.BaseVariable\\CustomVariables.csv, ending LoadVariableCSV'

Where Z: is my network drive.

Is it possible to manually set the right path for the qdf folder on the server or even to work with relative paths only?

Best Regards,

Peter

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello  Peter - I will make sure our chief architect is aware of this and look into it, it might take a few days for him to get back to you.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Michael,

thank you for your quick reply.

I thought this would be an easy task, like defining an absolute path for a PHP Website....(silly me )

I hope there is a workaround for this.

If you (or the chief architect) need further details/information, don't hesitate to contact me.

- PS -

Not applicable

Hi Peter,

The issue would be resolved while using the network drive path.

Ex:- i have a drive mapped Z: which is from a server "Dev1".

i need to use \\dev1\<path of the file>.

Hope this helps!

--

Vinoth

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter, QDF identifies the framework path independent of use of UNC or network drives, so no hard coding of absolute path should be needed. In your application check out vG.BasePath variable as this is the calculated "Absolute path" to the application container.

Also try a totally fresh framework and run one of the example applications on your laptop and on the network (you can just copy the framework) if you get everything working on your laptop but not on the drive the problem is probably lack of security access hindering container identification.

Hope that this helps.

Best regards

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

sorry for the late reply and thank you guys for your answers.

@Magnus

It is for sure an issue with a lack access rights. I have no access rights on the system, I can't login or something. I only have (write) access to a "Network Share" which is located on the QV Server. If I try to install qdf on this network drive I get some permission denied errors... Local installation works. I tried to set it up, but after copying I get the errors mentioned above. In fact it's not crystal clear to me, why I should need direct access on a server to set up the framework.

@Vinoth Kumar Rajendran

Could you please tell where you changed the path. This could probalby work. Its not very nice when the server uses a network connection instead a local path....

Best Regards,

Peter

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Peter, sorry for the late reply. The framework is validating if files/folders exists before creating the global variables, a security restriction is probably hindering this validation. So without security modifications you will not get the framework running as validation of files is a core function.

Best regards

Magnus