8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2015 8:08 AM by Neha Malekar RSS

jmeter preCaching FAQ

Bastian Trompetter

Hallo,

I like the idea of precaching with jMeter.ANd want to start a FAQ.

Here are the Questions:

- Is it possible to select two values in a Multibox or Listbox? We need to calculate CY / PY and need to have both years in the selection.

- Is it possisble to select a bookmark?

Best wishes

Bastian

• Re: jmeter preCaching FAQ
          Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Bookmark selection is not in version 0.8.

As for selecting multiple values, this is possible by modifying "Min number of selections" & "Max number of selections", if set to the same the virtual users will try and select that amount if possible. If they are not the same, users randomize amount of selections within that range.

/sebastian

Neha Malekar

Hi,

Could you please help me with the Qlikview Scalability tool.

Scenario: Qlikview application is 400-450 MB and when multiple users login it gives poor performance.For precaching we are using qlikview scalability and jmeter.

I have one more query,is it something that we require Qlikview publisher for the above process of precaching.

I am done with the prerequisite pdf as per Qlikview Scalability Tool.

I would like to get stepwise working for precaching.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Malekar

please guide me for my queries.

Sebastian Fredenberg

Hi,

Please specify more precise what your questions are. As I mentioned above it is recomended to setup a task to trigger the precaching, for example after reload of a documnet - for that you need publisher (and the information is in the link I posted above). It is perfectly possible to do the precaching without publisher, in that case you need to set up the trigger yourself in some way or start it manually.

For the precaching script itself, it is a jmeter script, created using the scalability tools. It will perform selections you want to have cached before users enter the system. You need to define the scenario (what selections) that should be simulated with the tool - to prepopulate the cache.

/sebastian