Also, take into consideration optimizing the load script. Use mapping loads and apply map instead of joins when possible.
Load only the data that you are going to use (check for unused fields or tables).
Check it with this: Document Analyzer 1.14
If possible, try having on the database some of the calculations that you currently do on the load script.
This are some tips that can speed up the load and require less resources from the server.
If you want to reduce the reload time then try this various options
1. Don't use * in Select or Load statement, specify only the fields which you are using in Dashboard.
2. Load only the data which you are using for analyis, for example if you have 20 years of data and if you are using only last 5 years of data then load only those data.
3. Do all the calculations in Qlikview scripting instead of doing it in Select Query.
4. Make sure that required indexes are there in the Database tables, if there is no index then perform would be slower.
5. If data is huge try to imlement Incremental loading concept.
6. Do all your transformations in Qlikview if possible.
7. Try to avoid Snowflake schema.
Hope this helps you.