Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC 12/24 timeformat

Hej,

i've been an issue within the QMC in 11.2 SR7. Windows Server 2012 R2 is running on several machines, all OS are based on english image.

For german location/users we changed the default interface language to 'german' and as well as the time format, time zone etc.

I have 3 QV environments with QVS / QDS / QMC to keep up and running. Two of them working properly. But one of them show me the times for task logs in US format (AM/PM) and i really don't know why.

Yes, I double checked usual windows settings concerning region and language settings -> twice!

Screengrabs below will show what happend with different timeformats.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

/olli

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oliver,

I have seen that in certain circumstances the Regional Settings actually only apply to the local user. Log into the QlikView Distribution Server in question with the account running the QDS service and then change the Regional Settings

Further information:

The date appears with 0's because the QMS cannot understand the date format in the tasklog.txt file produced by the QDS. This can be confirmed by changing the logging in the QMC to DEBUG. When I did this I saw the following error:

System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[SolutionGlobal.Logging.LogfileEntry, SolutionGlobal, Version=11.20.12589.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]. String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. ---> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

The QDS writes the date and timestamp to the tasklog based on its Regional Settings. Once the Regional Settings matched that of the QMS, we restarted the QDS and QMS services. Tasks dates and times were readable from then on.

I hope this helps.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See also Date&Time format in QMC reload list. for a short introduction into how the Management Console handles dates and date formats.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ooops, about a year late.