Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense: How do I change the sorting order of the fields?

I am trying  to change the order of the fields when sorting, somehow I can't find how to do it.

And I like to have a manual to find answers without watching a lot of videos?

Please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elif-tutuk
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have multiple dimensions on the visualization, the first dimension on the sorting is greyed out. This means you cannot change the sorting order for that dimension but you can still expand it and use sort by options. So you should be able to use sort by expression to define the sorting on that dimension. this is a limitation on the current version, we are working on it to resolve.

Thanks a lot!

Elif.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In most of the cases, go to the field's properties and check the Sort tab. If you problem cannot be solved like that, please give a more detailed description of it.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry my bad english. I mean order of the sorting fields. My problem is that Sense is somehow locked the field order how the sorting is done.

Not applicable
Author

In a table? Just go to the Sorting tab and use drag and drop to change the order!

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I tried. The other fields work fine but not the first one. It is fixed. But maybe there is some other problem than changing the fields order. Thank you for your answers

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

If you can post a QVF with an example, I'll take a look and see if I can sort it out for you.

-Josh

elif-tutuk
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have multiple dimensions on the visualization, the first dimension on the sorting is greyed out. This means you cannot change the sorting order for that dimension but you can still expand it and use sort by options. So you should be able to use sort by expression to define the sorting on that dimension. this is a limitation on the current version, we are working on it to resolve.

Thanks a lot!

Elif.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for reply. I noticed this same and removed second dimension. I am pleased to hear you are going to fix this feature.