1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 10:52 AM by James Dixon RSS

Show only current selection in x axis label

Hello,

I have been searching around and have found some variations on this subject but would like to know if there is a definitive answer.

I have a bunch of products on the x axis (which will show all products even on a specific product selection). Depending on my product selection, I would like to be able to show that particular product name in the x axis label and then blank out the rest of the product names. There are several attempts that I have done so far, the most successful being attempt number 1:

(1) Created new expression with the following formula:

If(productname='$(vproductname)',productname,' ')

Where vproductname is the following: =GetFieldSelections(productname)

This works but the product names are being half cut off from the bottom of the graph, is there a way to extend the distance between the x axis and the edge of the graph area so that it wont cut off the product name?

(2) A more dynamic way would be to change the font colour depending on the current selection, so go to axes->axis color->font->colour-<calculation expression and then using something like:

productname='$(vproductname)' but this doesnt seem to work? Any suggestions as this would be the preferred method.

Thank you in advance,

James

• Re: Show only current selection in x axis label

What about creating a mapping table, so I have a mapping table something like:

ProductMap

LOAD * INLINE [

Product, Number

Oranges, 1

Apple, 2

Pears, 3

Bananas, 4];

ProductNumberTable:

LOAD DISTINCT Product

RESIDENT ProductTable;

LEFT JOIN

LOAD

Product,

ApplyMap('ProductMap',Product,"N/A") As ProductNumber_

RESIDENT ProductNumberTable

Then could I somehow use an if statement to ensure that the if(Product=v(ProductSelection),v(ProductSelection),ProductNumber_)

I have tried this but it just deletes information if you put it as a dimension. And using it as an expression works but again, it cuts off the bottom of the product names. Is there a way to extend the area below the x-axis?

Cheers,

James