Although its not going to be very efficient from a reload perspective, i couldn't resist creating a script to do this:
see below and a pasted screenshot and app:
RecNo() as RecNumber,
address as Address
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);
max(RecNumber) as MaxRecNumber
let vNumRecords= peek('MaxRecNumber',0,'MaxRecNumberTable')-1;
FOR a=0 to $(vNumRecords)
if vAddressLength> 3 then
let vAddressLines=floor( vAddressLength/3);
For b=2 to vAddressLines
let vNewAddress= vNewAddress & chr(10) & mid(vAddress,(b*3)-2,3);
let vNewAddress= vNewAddress & chr(10) & mid(vAddress,vAddressLines*3);
'$(vNewAddress)' as NewAddress
Address.qvw 190.0 K
another method might be the usage of preceding loads to first split the strings (using IterNo()/While) and then recombine them with the linefeed as seperator (using concat()):
LOAD id, address, Concat(addrLine, chr(10)) as newaddress Group By id, address; LOAD *, Mid(address, IterNo()*3-2 ,3) as addrLine While IterNo()<=Ceil(Len(address)/3); LOAD * INLINE [ id, address 1, abcdefr 2, abcdreftt 3, abdcsdfgtr 4, abbqweds 5, abbcddfgf 6, acvbjhgfdd ];
hope this helps
QlikCommunity_Thread_128531.qvw 148.8 K
Sudeep Mahapatra wrote:
Just one thing which I found is that when I use spaces in the values of the Field address the newaddress field is changing.
I'm not sure if I see the values of newaddress changing, but they don't enforce sort according to the input sequence. If you want to enforce FIFO, I added that.
(i.e. address = 1AU2BE3CO4HE
newaddress = 1AU
Thanks a lot to everyone for their help and valuable suggestions.
Unfortunately I'm not able to select multiple answers as Correct so marking helpful.
Sadly I'm not able to use the solution as the QlikView Alert still does not take this format as it is.
I thought the alert email will now show it as it is structured like below
id address other fields
1 abc other1
2 abc other2
3 abd other3
but the output was like below.
id address other fields
2 abc other
dre ftt other2
csd fgtr other3
its been three years I'm using alerts but there has not been enough format options enhancement done to the alert's subject panel unless I'm missing something. I think this could be because of PDF distribution of report being available. In my case our environment is not using PDF distribution and I'm trying to find a solution using the Alert feature.
Thanks again everyone.