Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Effect of Installing QlikSense in the same laptop which also has QlikView Server and desktop Client

Hi:

I want to install Qlik Sense in my laptop, however I have questions like whether it will disturb my existing QlikView setup. I have QlikView Server and client both installed in my laptop, and since I take this laptop to client site, it is very crucial that QlikView Server setup should be up and running.  My question is whether installing QlikSense anyway will disturb the existing setup or I can safely install?

Appreciate a quick reply.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Bimala,

Qlik Sense Desktop will not interfere with your current QlikView Server or Desktop installation.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Mine is working fine.

Win 7 with QlikView 11.2 SR5 Desktop and Server (with offline service)

AP Barrie-Smith

Expert Services Manager

QlikView South Africa

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Bimala,

Qlik Sense Desktop will not interfere with your current QlikView Server or Desktop installation.

Miguel

wallace_c
Employee
Employee

Hi Bimala,

Please review Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Can I install Qlik Sense Desktop on the same machine where QlikView 10 or 11 is installed?

Yes, Qlik Sense Desktop and QlikView Developer 10 and 11 can coexist on the same machine.

After installation you will find there are 2 different folders under Program data folder, so they won't effect each other.

Regards,

Wallace