8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 4:35 PM by hossein aba Branched to a new discussion. RSS

create map

hossein aba

Hi to all

I want to have map in my app that show different color for each region  like demo exist in this demo

http://eu-a.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=demo11%7Cqvdocs/Pro%20Golf.qvw&client=Ajax

how could use map?any extension is needed?

tanks

• Re: create map

This is an Demo App for QlikView Application, if you like this in QlikSense, have a look at this video

Michael Tarallo

Hi Hossein,

Currently the Beta Map object, supports points and polygons. With polygons, each state by default, can be colored - if used as the area layer and color by dimension is selected. Let me see if I can create a quick example that would work for regional areas, I have an idea and will see if I can get a sample working for you.

Mike

Michael Tarallo

Hi Hossein,

This Map object is in Beta and will improve over future releases.

See the video Daniel posted to learn more about this object:

See attached sample in this post.

Copy to C:\Users\<user profile id>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

Open MapRegionsTest

If your "REGIONAL" data is associated with your "STATE" data - you would use the "REGIONAL" dimension as your area layer - the corresponding "STATE" data will then color code appropriately for that region.

8-11-2014 8-11-18 AM.jpg

I have a field Region with values (East, North, South, West) and a field State (NY,CA, etc) - states are related to Regions via a common key in my data set. I used Region as the area layer.

8-11-2014 8-11-51 AM.jpg

8-11-2014 8-11-31 AM.jpg

Hope this helps

Mike

Michael Tarallo

Attached is a world regional example using CountryISOCode as the area layer - colored by dimension.

8-11-2014 8-50-44 AM.jpg

Michael Tarallo

Hi Hossein,

Weird, I responded to you early this morning EST around 6AM or so. I believe that the discussion was branched over to a new forum in the QlikView area so we could request a copy of a new Iran map to see if others could help us. The thread is over here with my response to you: Re: QlikView - SVG Map of Iran needed

You should have gotten an email notification with my message to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike