Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richnwide
Contributor
Contributor

Server Hangs For No Reason

Hi,

We are using a recent installation of Qlikview and within a week of it going Live, the server started hanging.

Because we are new to this, we aren't sure why this has happened. The log file suggests that the RAM usage, at 20% of total available RAM, was nowhere near high enough to cause this problem - and wouldn't this just restart the server anyway rather than let it hang?

So, my question is if the server started hanging in this way, where should I be looking for the root cause?

Thanks

RM

9 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Richard,

Check the QlikView event logs for any other errors or warnings. What symptoms do you see, when all goes down hill?

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
richnwide
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Giuseppe,

Thanks for answering. The symptoms were that the system became responsive and users were unable to access the apps.

There doesn't seem to be any errors occuring in the logs. Which of the logs would be the one you'd expect to find any errors? If I knew this then I could look into that one with more detail

Thanks

Richard

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You will find event logs in below location

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

Regards

ASHFAQ

richnwide
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Ashfaq,

We have the log files, but which one of those would be the best place to check if anything had gone wrong?

Audit, Events, Performance or Sessions?

Thanks

Richard

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi As suggested by Giuseppe Novello

QlikView Event Logs. you can check them all.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Are you using IIS or Qlikview Webserver, Might not be a server issue it could be a Webserver issue, can you check the logs there?

For Qlikview Webserver : C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer

For IIS : C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

What version of QlikView are you using? Do you have SQL or anymore programs running on the server?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ma also having the same problem and other applications are connected to a same sql

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Better start a new discussion with a description of your issue and full details of your QlikView installation, if you want targeted responses. Hijacking an older discussion may not lead to a solution for you, as QlikView (and Windows for that matter) has changed a lot between 2014 and 2017. Thanks.