Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to download the movie xls files used in the sample qvw

Can anyone help me to know "how to download the movie xls files used in the sample qvw"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Since a QVW file contains all the data, you can use the Binary statement (or the QlikView File button to the bottom right hand side of your script editor, which does exactly the same) to import the data from another QlikView file into your application Guljeet,

If you import the data and you have all the tables available, then you can use the STORE command to create QVD files.

STORE tablename INTO filename.QVD;

Regards

Agis

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guljeet,

Please see this thread where Rob answers the question. The .xls files are not available on the site, but  he gives two options: one is to binary load the .qvw file if your intent is to reuse the data as is from scratch in another QlikView app. The other is to go to imdb.com (where the source of the data is) and use their APIs to extract the data.

Thanks,
Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guljeet,

As Kevin mentioned you can do a binary load from the Movie Database and then you could store the tables into qvd files. You would only have to do this once and then you would have a set of qvds to use as you wish.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

In addition to Nils' answer, if you definitely want this data in xls format, you could easily create one or more table box objects, with data from the data model, and export everything into excel..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a Lot!

I got it. We can do it by creating the Table objects.

But, Still I am not clear with the Binary Load approach.

I am very new to QlikView. Can you please also suggest with a simple example that, How can I create the QVD files using the existing QVW file.

Regards,

Guljeet

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Since a QVW file contains all the data, you can use the Binary statement (or the QlikView File button to the bottom right hand side of your script editor, which does exactly the same) to import the data from another QlikView file into your application Guljeet,

If you import the data and you have all the tables available, then you can use the STORE command to create QVD files.

STORE tablename INTO filename.QVD;

Regards

Agis