Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incremental load into Qlik Sense.qvf Visuals

I apologize if this question is already addressed. I am new to QlikSense and I love this product. My question is how I load latest data (via Load data option) without loading entire data set?

This is my scenario: I would like to visualize my data from 2012 to current data (500K  records). My past data is static or no changes are possible to my past data. 

In my scenario, First time I would like to load data from 2012 to current date (Aug 24th). From tomorrow on wards, I want to load only data after Aug 24th to day run (future date) Please help us. To loading entire data set (overwriting), it is taking more than 7 minutes and that is not acceptable time for us.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For this you can use the examples for Incremental Load in QlikView, as the script is working also in QlikSense. You just load your Data first time as initial load and store it into a QVD. With every new reload you just load first the QVD Data and after this the Delta from your Data Source. Important is to do a optimized QVD load, so without any transformation / where clause.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

For this you can use the examples for Incremental Load in QlikView, as the script is working also in QlikSense. You just load your Data first time as initial load and store it into a QVD. With every new reload you just load first the QVD Data and after this the Delta from your Data Source. Important is to do a optimized QVD load, so without any transformation / where clause.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can use the same script in Qliksense also which you used in Qlikview.  Script is same in both Qlikview and Qliksense only the front end changes.

Regards,

Jagan.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Muralidhar,

Just as a follow-up to both Daniel and Jagan's responses, do you need a working example of what they mentioned? are you familiar with the incremental load processes within QlikView - so you may apply it to Sense?

Just wanted to make sure.

In addition - to auto "reload" this daily on a scheduled basis, unattended for example - you would use the Qlik Sense Server - and schedule a reload task. The Sense Server will be available later in September.

Please let us know, so we may provide you with an example if needed.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all.I followed your instructions and I am good for now.

svinnakota
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide us the example file. I am stuck at checking whether QVD is present or not in qlik sense.

If present Incremental load script should run else QVD should create.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I'm completely new to Qlik Sense, Can you please provide me with a working example for the incremental load or the script for it.

Thanks

Shivam

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - sorry for the delay - I will need a few days on this - I too have been wanting to work on this and just working on other priorities at the moment. I will perhaps create a video on this as well - in the mean-time please take a look at this help topic with some detailed working examples:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/use-QVD-files-incremental-load...

If applicable, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik