3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 7:39 AM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Corrupted Installation

Justin Morley

Hi all,

I've just dipped my toe into Sense Desktop for the first time, and have immediately hit a problem.

It started when I used Workbench Editor to try and create an extension. On saving my extension, nothing in the desktop would work any more. I'm not 100% sure that this is the root cause, it's just the most likely explanation that I can find.

Now any application I go into, including ones I've created myself give me a dialog saying "An error occurred" "Unknown error". Workbench editor also stops working giving me back a blank screen with the outlines of buttons. I've tried that in both Chrome and IE9.

I have tried uninstalling Qlik Sense, deleting all Qlik folders, rebooting my machine, then re-installing from scratch, to no avail - same error.

My machine is Windows 7 and of reasonable spec. Before I used workbench editor I was able to create an app, suck in some data, make a visualisation with minimal problems.

Is there anything I can do to reset the machine's state so I can at least use apps again?

Thanks in advance,

Justin

• Re: Corrupted Installation
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Justin - after a fresh installation can you access the hub using http://localhost:4848/hub ?

I would like to verify if it is the interface or the engine components.

Please send any additional steps and screenshots so we can attempt to replicate this problem.

Mike

Justin Morley

Hi Mike,

I managed to sort it.

When I selected a template in the workbench editor I saved it and abandoned what I was doing. This created a folder with my extension name in the root of my C drive. After deleting this folder everything is working again.

I didn't realise but uninstalling was not affecting this folder. I'm a little confused about how Sense knew to look for this folder after a reinstall. Any ideas what might have been going on?

Thanks,

Justin

Michael Tarallo

Hi Justin - let me check with PM - I have recently learned that the workbench editor is a lite utility, that is currently sort of an easter-egg (if you will) within the Sense Desktop product (as it is not currently listed in the Sense Desktop documentation. It is a great way to see how you can create some mash-ups from existing Sense apps and the app objects, and how the APIs will be used in the full Sense platform....but I am not quite sure on the "production" stability of it yet. I'll get this information for you.

Mike