Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Confusion with Text Object in Dashboard vs Report

Hello all,

My apologies if this is a rookie ask, but I seem to be a having some issues with a Qlikview Project that I herited.

Here is the problem. Within the Dashboard there are two Text Objects. Lets say the Texts are TextObj1 and TextObj2 with different Object IDs. Where the issue comes in is when I select the Report option for this the output of the Text Objects reads as TextObj1 and TextObj1. To further diagnose I deleted TextObj2 in the hopes that it would not appear in the Report output, but it still reads TextObj1 and TextObj1.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? What was the solution?

Regards,

Hollando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I ended up solving this earlier last week. I was using a Dashboard that a collegue of mine had created. Unfortunately, he in his rush in creating a certain report replicated the obejects. When I tempted to change the objects I was met with some complications. So I simply created a new report sheet, plotted the correct objects and the problem was resolved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

So although you use 2 different text objects in the report, when you preview the report only the 1st text object appears in both places?

Do you have a sample app? Version?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ionnis,

Yes. To further explain there are four text objects in total. So how it appears in the dashboard is like this:

Specs to Post

Post to Close

Close to Award

Award to Commence

But in the report it appears as:

Specs to Post

Post to Close

Post to Close

Award to Commence

I tested changing other text objects within the Dashboard and changes seem to flow through to the report.

Sample App? Version?

Not sure what you mean. I have licensed version that my company paid for. My Version is 11.20.12235.0 (64 Bit)

Regards,

Hollando

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You have 11.20 SR6 installed (Version)

It would be great if you could attach a sample application as I cannot reproduce the issue although I use the same version.

What happens if you remove the objects from the report and then add them again or if you create a new report with these objects?

Not applicable
Author

I ended up solving this earlier last week. I was using a Dashboard that a collegue of mine had created. Unfortunately, he in his rush in creating a certain report replicated the obejects. When I tempted to change the objects I was met with some complications. So I simply created a new report sheet, plotted the correct objects and the problem was resolved.