4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2015 1:04 PM by Vicente Lerum RSS

Qlikview Governance Dashboard - 2012 R2?

Ken Hill

We would like to run the Governance Dashboard but unfortunately, our server OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 which isn't supported by Qlikview Desktop at the moment.

Can I run the dashboard from my local machine and just point the Dashboard at the folders where the log files are on the server or on a mapped drive to the server?

Thanks!

• Re: Qlikview Governance Dashboard - 2012 R2?
          Tyler Waterfall

Ken,

Yes, you can run the dashboard from anywhere that can reach the desired log folders and file folders (just use file share paths and Governance Dashboard 1.1 SR1).

The more recent versions of QlikView Desktop 11.20 (SR2 and later) support Windows Server 2012.

Are you referring to the no officially stated support of the Governance Dashboard in Server 2012? (which is true).

We've had several customers use the Governance Dashboard with Server 2012. There is a known but unsolved issue related to the installation files and permissions put down by Microsoft that some customers have seen. However, as far as I can tell, this does not preclude you from using the Dashboard on Server 2012.

• Re: Qlikview Governance Dashboard - 2012 R2?
            Vicente Lerum

Hi,

I was able to install it on Windows Server 2012 R2.  We constantly run into files not installing.  The reason is 2012 will block executables.  Before you run the installer you will need to unblock the file and the run it as administrator.

UnblockQV.jpg