Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC Alerts on failed reload not working

Hello,

I have configured my SMTP server in the QMC (System -> Setup) and I have sent test e-mails succesfully.

However, I am not getting any alerts when the reloads fail. Instead, I get the following message

"Warning: Failed to send mail to XXX@gmail.com"

in the Task log.

I am using Qlikview 11.2 SR7 without Publisher.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Here is the complete log:

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=4816

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: The task "pruebaerrores.qvw" failed. Exception:

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QLIKVIEW\pruebaerrores.qvw.

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Error: en QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:00:01.7004763

(2014-09-09 13:32:49) Information: Sending Alert mail

(2014-09-09 13:32:54) Warning: Failed to send mail to xxx@gmail.com

(2014-09-09 13:32:54) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

(2014-09-09 13:32:54) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors

(2014-09-09 13:32:54) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors - completed

(2014-09-09 13:32:54) Information: Saving Task Result

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Is your SMTP server allows to send email to other domain like gmail?

Had you tried to send test email to gmail?

Make sure in override emails section of you QMC SMTP server config tab.

There is no email defined in any of the field., It should be empty

Have a look at attached highlighted part

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi  Ashfaq,

I have tried to send test e-mails to gmail and other domains, and it always works fine.

Also, I have made sure that both the highlighted fields are empty, and I have deleted and created again the reload tasks.

However, It is still not working.

Thanks for your answer.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you check if this helps you.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/128176

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Fernando,

For any chances did you had your task first prior the SMTP setup within the QMC? If you did, can you try just open one task and hit apply and try again and see if that works or recreate one task.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

No, unfortunately, my server version is 11.2 SR7, and that bug is already fixed.

Not applicable
Author

I have already tried, but recreating/reapplying the task does not fix the problem.

Giuseppe_Novello

okay I didn't realize it was for a gmail account not for a outlook account.

Try this (QV Email and Gmail SMTP) -

Use the following steps to configure an SSL connection to an SMTP email service when using Publisher:

1- Look for notepad> right click and run as administrator> file>open> change file type to "all"

2- Browse to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service and edit the QVManagementService.exe.config file.

3- Look for string "UseSSLForSMTP". If the entry already exists, edit its value to "true"

For Gmail, use port 587(smtp.gmail.com);

For Amazon Simple Email Service(SES), use port 587.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Giuseppe_Novello

Also, after the change start the QMC service.

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, the previous comments have not solved the problem, Even after restarting the services and applying the configurations above, i am not able to receive any alert.

Thanks for your help.