Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Secure is the Cloud Hub ?

I'm starting to really warm up to Sense and what it can offer me, as a developer & manager, however now, as I move into the "what can it offer my customers" situation I have a couple of questions..

1. How secure is the QlikCloud.  This is hugely important to me - will my apps that have been imported to the cloud, be safe from prying eyes...not just from my own company, but those outside.

2. Once I've imported an app to my cloud hub (I keep wanting to call it - Qlub !) how can my customers access it ?

Thanks in advance, and I eagerly await future updates.

Graeme

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the actual Beta Phase you can share the app via Mail Invitation and the user have to register.

There will be more information comming after the Beta Phase and maybe someone from the Product Team can give some more information.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel - though the biggest concern will be Cloud security.....

Not applicable
Author

I would say there will be more details about this in the near future when the offering becomes general available.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Graeme - I have been working very closely with the Qlik Cloud team and will be able to address your concerns. Is there anything specific you would like to go over in regards to security?

Currently - the Qlik Cloud - is built to deliver a variety of cloud based services. In the first phase of the Beta program, we are offering the Sense Sharing service. Which allows Sense Desktop users the ability to freely share (during the Beta only) a view only or read-only or interact-only (however you want to call it) version of the Sense app to up to 3 additional users. In other words - no editing or development capability. The registration and invitation process is very similiar to the way dropbox or a hosted file share would work.

• A desktop user registers with the Qlik Cloud Sharing Service
  • Uploads a .qvf file (Sense App)
  • Sends and invite to those they want to share it with
  • The recipient registers and views the app.

There is a video on this topic and it will be posted shortly to the Qlik Cloud Community section in the Beta programs area - it will be accessible here: Sharing on Qlik Cloud Beta

In regards to security - we can provide a few levels of detail here - so when you have a minute - please outline any concerns and we can address appropriately.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Michael

Is there a formal statement from Qlik on how the QlikCloud is secure?  I see various statements saying it is secure but no background or method overview.

Tx, Adam

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

There is a security white-paper that goes into this topic that we just finalized, I am not sure on the status just yet.

jgd‌ - do you know if this paper is available yet?

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

As Mike said we just finalizing something.  I will contact you directly to see if I can answer your questions quickly.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Use Cloud Hub Portal  through VPN[VPN on demand] with SSL certificate

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh,

Any update on that white paper Micheal was talking about?

Kind Regards,

Geert