Hi Coen - are you using a proxy machine / script in your internet connection settings?
If so, check to bypass the proxy for local addresses in your network connection settings.
Sense Desktop loads and http listener running on port 4848 - can you access Sense using http://localhost:4848/hub using a Web Browser such as FireFox or Chrome?
Let us know
I don't use any proxy settings. 'Automatically detect settings' is checked. My firewalls are turned off. My collegea has the same settings on the same machine and QlikSense works fine.
print IE browser.png 67.1 K
I should have added to make sure Desktop is shutdown, and then run the command. If you did shut down Desktop and you still have 4848 established then we can investigate other programs.
- Shutdown Desktop
- Verify the .exe are NOT running
- In the task manager check for 2 QlikSenseBrowser.exe program and 1 QlikSense.exe program
- End the process if they are still running
- Run the netstat -a -p tcp
- Note results
If you see 4848 still in the list, something else is using that port.
Do you use Glassfish or anything Java installed etc? Glassfish uses 4848 for its admin port.
Let us know :
OK - that's good - so there doesn't seem to be any processes running.
When you restart Sense Desktop and run - you should have those 3 .exe files and when you run nestat -a -p tcp - you should see those ports established. It is normal to see more (4848 ports) of them in the initial start up.
In regards to system requirements and security: - just checking
- Windows 8.x 64-bit
- Latest .Net Framework is installed - 4.0
- Sense Desktop version ?
- Right Click on Desktop Shortcut - Run As Administrator ?
- Installed as a local admin?
A few more things to try:
- Uninstall Sense Desktop
- Download another version from our site
- Delete everything here:C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik
- Delete C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowser<version>
- Delete C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowserCache
- Install Desktop using - Right click Run As Administrator on the setup executable
Let me know
1. Uninstalled Qlik Sense
2. Downloaded a new version (also version 0.96,0)
3. Deleted all files in temp folders
4. Reinstall QlikSense as administrator
5. same error occurs
6. Again uninstall Qlik Sense, delete all temp files, delete all register keys
7. restart laptop
8.new installation ad admin, run as admin and worked.
I have the same issue as cgdonders and I try to do all step you suggest but it's not working.
Issue happen when I try to add more table and change relationship btw table.
I also back up file *.qvf & sources excel.
After change something .qvf, I load data from source excel in my computer I received notice as below:
An error occurred. Connection lost. Make sure that Qlik Sense is running properly. If your session has timed out due to inactivity, reconnect to Qlik Sense to continue working.
Options: Close or Refresh.
I try many times, but it's can't load my sheet. But another App working is normal
I try paste backup file to Apps folder & excel source file and I received the same error when I re-load all data (this file work normal before load data).
Note: I also test on another PC but received the same error.
Please help me this case
Hi Nguyen - this may be a different issue in regards to local network connectivity, because you stated that it does work with one app but not another, am I reading that correctly? It may also be something to do with the version of Desktop (if older) - do you have the latest Qlik Sense Desktop 1.0.1? If not - can you grab the latest version from our site: http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/sense/desktop and try again.
After this - if it does not work - we can then take a look at the log files located here: C:\Users\<user prof>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log
Let us know.