We have tried this, but it is still giving us problems.
The script stops reloading during the loading of qvd files. After troubleshooting this issue all Friday and Saturday, I have been able to narrow it down to the data from on specific table.
It is concerning/confusing that 1) we receive no error messages and 2) the script runs manually without any problems.
Director of Technology Solutions
This error message indicates that there is an issue reading either a .meta file or a .shared file. I recommend you first check the shared file using Shared File Cleaning tool. This tool is available from 11.20 SR4 onwards. As you are using SR7 you should get this tool. The instructions on "how to use" are available in the release notes.
Following is the recommendation from Qlik in case shared files are checked :
If the .shared files have already been checked (using the Shared File Cleaning tool), the problem is probably in the .meta files. A good solution is to remove all of the .meta files.
It can be difficult to identify which .meta files are causing the issue, so it is often easiest just to remove them all.
These files contain Category information and the User permissions (if using DMS authentication).
Once all of the .meta files have been removed, a restart of the QlikView Server service is best.
Re-distributing the QVWs will generate new .meta files.
On a separate note I will also suggest to see the log verbosity in QMC. If it is set to low then I will advise to set it to high (Setting it high may have an impact on your resources). This may reveal some more errors or warning which are suppressed by the low verbosity.
It seems like I have found a workaround.
The issue seems to be around the use of the 'Concatenate" formula.
Although this script has been running for months (every 20 minutes) without any issues, and still works fine when you run the reload manually, the automatic reload stops approx. 90% through the concatenating of historic QVDs with today's data.
We would basically update data from today from 10 different SQL database tables every 20 minutes and concatenate with last night's QVD of the full historic table. See script sample below:
I have now set the QVD historic data load to run several times per day to combine current and historic data.
The main script has been changed to pull directly from the QVDs and not concatenate today's data and historic data.
Ideal, no. Simplified, yes.
More importantly, it works.
Still hoping that Qlik Principal Engineers can help explain 1) why the concatenate script stopped working during an automatic reload and 2) why the concatenate script works during a manual reload.
I am not sure what's causing it. Our work-around involves not concatenating the data loads (which unfortunately increase load times and bandwidth usage). We we concatenate the data load, we run into the Distribution Service hanging and not saving the QVW several times per day.
At first it seemed like it was corrupted .meta/.shared files because removing them would solve the problem - for a while. We have run the same script for 2 years without an issue and nothing changed in the data or the scripts to affect the concatenation of the data load, so I don't know if it is corrupted .meta/.shared files, a script problem or a QlikView bug. Neither does QlikView engineers, unfortunately. This issue has been going on since September.
Thank you for answering so promptly.
I have a client where the qlikview server generates some warnings that could be related to meta files, but coud not identify which file is associated with the error. They don´t have problems related with failed reload when saving the QVW.
Best regards and Merry Christmas !