Hi Roland - let's take each question 1 at a time -
My example - works using <10
Here is my sample data you can use in the Data Load Editor:
load * Inline [
Can you check your data model and see what the datatype of your column is flagged as - I am curious to see if this has something to do with it defining it as ascii or something.
let me know
See attached the .qvf and screenshot
"Standalone" Search for < 10 works for me as well.
Its just when you first search for "<5", after that search for "<10" --> only values 5,6,7,8,9 are selected.
TestScript.qvf 288.0 K
Hello Roland - first thank you for the screenshots and the sample - very valuable to our team when trying to troubleshoot.
However, I AM NOT seeing this behavior with your app or mine - see the attached video attached to the bottom of this reply.
Are you using Desktop version 1.0 - or an older release?
Let me know.
numbers.mp4 688.6 K
The "incorrect" behavior happens then you performs the following steps:
1. Search for "<5" and apply selection. The current selection will show you numbers 1,2,3,4
2. Search again but this time for "<10" and apply selection. You would expect QlikView to show in the current selection numbers from 1 to 9. However it's not the case. Instead it shows numbers from 5 to 9.
In your testing scenario you're missing the selection stage following the first search.
I hope the above description is clear. If not, let me know.
Hi Janusz -
Please see attached video to this reply - also please include a screenshot of what you are seeing, as I am not seeing this behavior. I'd like to narrow this down, before identifying this as by design, bug etc. I assume you are using the latest version 1.0 as well.
In the video:
- Enter the search of the list-box
- I search for <5 - values 1,2,3,4 display as expected
- I select values 1,2,3,4 - green, click apply
- I then search for <10 - values 1-9 display - values 1-4 (selected / green) - values 5 - 9 - light grey (associated, possible values - but NOT selected)
So far what I am seeing is by design.
After the first 6 values are selected, the current selection bar shows the id - the number of values selected OUT OF x.
Let me know.
numbers2.mp4 1.3 MB
Roland / Janusz
OK - this is what I have found:
Pressing the ENTER key - seems to remove the current selections. (i picked up on that after watching the video again)
- Search <5 - [press Enter]
- values 1 to 4 selected
- Search <10 - [press Enter]
- values 1 to 4 removed from selection and values 5,6,7,8,9 selected
- Search <5 again - [press Enter]
- all values are NOW selected
I will report this to our support team to log as a bug or to see if this is by design, etc. However, seems to be odd behavior to me too.
Work-around: - DO NOT USE the ENTER Key use the mouse and select the values and click the apply button - green check
Thanks for taking the time to report this.
Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.
Thanks for your efforts
When you talk to the Support Team please ask them about my first question as well:
Are dynamic searches stored in Bookmarks? Currently it seems like only the current "search result" is selected.
Attached a better example:
If I recall the search Expression "=id=day(today())" tomorrow through a bookmark, I want QlikSense to select "25" instead of "24".