Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

Need info on QlikView Server Architucture for Prod, dev, dr & test enviornment

Guys,

we have around 35+ QV apps running in our Production server. in that 2 dashboards of size 8gb+ .qvw file only. its due to huge data. not because of bad design or some thing.

now i need a best Production Server architucture for these apps. with high end configs. because we are going to buy servers for the same. so any suggestions will be very helpful. ( servers + required QV licenses for servers )

need the same for DR, TEST & development enviornment also.

Please help me to finalize best config & architucture.

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

here are some docs.

But if your performance is linked to these huge qvw, many servers can't do nothing because you can't split 1 app on many servers

According QV is using RAM for application reading (about 4 x RAM footprint = 32 GB) plus about 1/10 (3 GB)  for each user you will need a huge amount of RAM just for 1 app

May be you can split a big one into smaller ones
best regards

Chris

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III
Author

we are estimated to buy servers with (cpu 64 + 256 RAM + 1 TB HDD ) * 6 servers. just i need a better architucture for the same.

performance not big concern as it is working fine. this upgrade is keeping mind of future growth.

now around 180 users for all 30 + dashboards in future it may go upto 800

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Your account manager would be a good resource for this. He can have people within Qlik look at your setup and what you are trying to do and give you a recommended.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes We are proceeding with Qlik team, But in thier last visit what they suggested was below our knowledge level. i guess in india their tech team is not upto that level. they are just establishing here. anyways we are escalated the same to the concern. and again we will meet them again. before that i need a clear knowledge on this.