Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcorcoran
Creator
Creator

sum of Targets to group

Hi

I have targets in the attached file which on the first two metrics 'Test1' and 'Test2' are per hospital.  I want these to create a sum for hospital group when the hospital tab is not expanded but can't seem to get it to work.  It just gives no figure.

My second problem is on the 'Test3' metric the target is by hospital group but appears for each hospital when I expand the tab to hospital level.  I only want this one to appear at the group level????

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Data used is for test purposes only and not relevant to any hospital.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Rhona,

For the first one (Test1 and Test2), if you want to sum all values when tab is not expanded you should use sum:

if(ReferredYYYY=2014, Sum([SA1 Target Total 2014]),

if you only put the name of a field, when there are multiple values, qlikview returns null.

For the seconf one (Test3), I don't know how to make a conditional dimension based on a dimension created using a value list, my choice is tho create a data_island (table not connected to any other table) with the name of metrics, so you can create a calculated dimension like:

If(Metric='Test3', null(), HospitalGroup)

Hope this helps.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rcorcoran
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Rubin the first one works fine for test 1 and 2. I will work on

the other one

Thanks for your help

Rhona