Loved the idea Here are my wishes :
1. OLAP - Reflect error/warning messages from SAP in the connector log (i.e authorization problems etc...)
2. SQL - Add the possibility to insert/update records in a table (like Table Maintenance - SM30 )
3. Call the BAPI connector using an Action or Macro (call SAP functions from an open document)
Here are some things that are doable today, but require effort. It would be nice if the connector did it as a standard:
1. Integrate Section Access with SAP authorizations (create a standard extraction for authorization data)
2. Create synchronized triggers between SAP and Publisher (i.e. - Pass triggers from SAP to Publisher and vice versa)
3. OLAP - improve Slicing performance (make multiple query calls according to changing variable values)
4. Create SAP connector log analyzer application
There are many more cool things to ask for ...
No I was thinking more about an "assistant" that advises on how to best approach incremental loads for common and uncommon SAP tables. It should act as a time-saver (just like ScriptBuilder) for people initially extracting data from large transaction tables ("use this date field in the master in this way to detect changes/additions" + example script) and for others that after years of fighting tables in a dark corner of SAP try to extract a big one in an efficient way although the table won't cooperate ("Is it possible at all? Can we use CDHDR/CDPOS? If not, is there any other trick to get the changes? Do we need to switch Connectors? Do we need to add a Delta-monitor to SAP itself, like BW does?")
Knowledge pooling, actually.