2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2014 6:20 AM by Roland Vecera RSS

QlikSense Map - Select KPI that is shown on the map?

Roland Vecera

Hi!

I just started playing with the QlikSense Map-object, and tried to achieve a basic requirement: A user should select ONE KPI that is shown on the KML-area map.

As you can see in the screenshot below, I achieved my goal, but it was much more complicated than I was expecting. Therefor I wanted to ask some questions if I misunderstand some concepts of QlikSense.

Here what I did:

- Map definition was pretty easy. While I'm in Edit-Mode I was also able to drag a first measure onto the map. It's not very elegant that I had to manually activate the "color-legend" "by measure" --> this should be done automatically, but I could live with that.

- When I tried to drag another field on the map, I always got an error message. See below. I had to change the expression manually. Why is this?

Qlik Sense Desktop_2014-10-03_14-16-39.png - IrfanView_2014-10-03_14-18-08.png

What I don't understand is, how a user can easily change the measure while he is not in EDIT-Mode. I achieved it by:

- Loading a dataisland field with my KPI-Fieldnames

- Using the expression "Sum([$(=only(Felder))])" in the map (see screenshot 1)

- Add the dataisland field  to the layout. Unfortunately I don't have an option "one selected value", which makes the listbox difficult to use (first deselect the old, then select the new KPI)

I'm not quite sure if I misuse QlikSense here, but I thought this requirement would be an easy win for QlikSense. What I now did is basically the same approach I would do in QlikView.

See my expression on the dataisland field hiere:

Qlik Sense Desktop_2014-10-03_14-10-29.png

Whole Application: Select a KPI in the upper listbox to show it on the map.

Qlik Sense Desktop_2014-10-03_14-01-41.png