5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2014 10:11 AM by Byron Van Wyk RSS

Exists Question

Byron Van Wyk

Hi,

In my load statement I have the following conditional where clause

WHERE exists(PropertyID) and exists(AccommodationTypeID,AccomTypeID)

Instead of applying during load, I want to create a flag for this condition, using the following expression in the load field section

if(exists(PropertyID) and exists(AccommodationTypeID,AccomTypeID),1,0) as PropertyIDFLAG

The PropertyIDFLAG does not flag the same fields as that of my conditional where. Could someone explain why

Thanks,

Byron

• Re: Exists Question
          Antonio Mancini

Hi Byron,

I think that If() works on the already  records loaded at the moment, in a different way Where.

Regards,

Antonio

Martin Pohl

Hello Byron,

in the load statement you load fields within values exists 1 and exists 2.

But they don't have to be in the same line.

In the Flagstatement the condition is checked in each line and the flag is only set if the flags exists in both fields.

For same result you need an or, I think

Regards

Byron Van Wyk

Hi Martin,

Tried the or approach and that did not work either. I will give anbu's suggestion a try even though I am doing this on the main load, not a resident but will create a resident load to test this approach. I find it odd that in the exists clause it handles the expression exactly like I want but as soon as I load it as a calculated field it does not.

Will reply as soon as I have checked both responses

Cheers,

Byron