open server reference manual and read:
3.2 Upgrade Procedure
For a successful upgrade of QlikView Server, take the following basic practices into account:
Back up the current QlikView data directory, which includes most of the log and some of the configuration files as well as the document folders. The files are typically located in the following location:
Windows 7 and later, Windows Server 2008 and later: %ProgramData%\QlikTech
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech
l Perform the upgrade during a scheduled downtime – QlikView Server must be stopped for the upgrade to be successful.
l Licensing information and settings are saved by default when QlikView Server is removed. They are applied to any subsequent installation of QlikView Server on the system.
To install QlikView Server, proceed as follows:
1. Verify that backup media exists for the current release of QlikView Server and back up all current files associated with QlikView Server (HTML pages, QlikView documents, licensing file, QlikView Server .shared files, and so on).
2. When running QlikView Server version 8, use the Users tab in QMC to determine if there are any active users linked to QlikView Server. It may be a good idea to send out a broadcast message to notify the users that the service will be stopped.
3. Uninstall QlikView Server from Start Menu>Control Panel.
4. Install QlikView 11 Server.
U can sumply update QV Server just run new version setup file. Still, it is essential to back up the server settings and directory applications
I'd be careful with that second document. It seems to be a Qlik document but it doesn't seem to be current. It's probably a legacy document related to what has become Qlik Sense.
Sense started life as QlikView 12, then was called Qlik.Next and then finally became Qlik Sense. All the references about capatability sound a lot like Sense to me.
QlikView 12 isn't meant to be out until middle of 2015.
Good morning Mr Shah,
I am facing the necessity to update Server 10.0.x to 10.20 SR10. (Direct motivation is to fix the bug in pivot table.)
- Last time you updated, did you uninstalled old version and re-installed the newer release, or just running exe file?
- Do I need to perform any WIndows-side tasks?
I would appreciate for your feedback in advance.