12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2014 7:46 AM by Bill Britt RSS

reload error: document cannot be opened

Syed Shah

HI,

This morning during reload, several document failed to reload properly. One of the common reason that all document had in log was

1. 14.10.2014 3:05:55          Error      Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.
      2. 14.10.2014 3:05:55          Error      The document failed to open.
      3. 14.10.2014 3:05:56          Error      Document could not be opened
      4. 14.10.2014 3:05:56          Error      The task "abc_6101_DEV_FullLoad" failed. Exception:
      5. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to open document: \\test11.int\QV11Files\SourceDocuments\AbtL\6101_DEV\abc_6101_DEV.qvw

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.OpenDocument(TaskResult taskResult, String fileName)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Few  had the message that reload failed because the document cannot be opened. When I ran the reload again for each client, the reload went successfully. My question is that what could have gone wrong because when I reloaded them again, they all were reloaded successfully. I had not fixed anything.

How can I avoid this error in future

Shah