Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I change the user assigned to a document cal

HI,

I'm new to Qlikview. I've searched for and seen some answers, but I feel none of them exactly answer my question: How do I change the CAL from one user to another?

I can see the assigned CALs for a document on the QV Management Console, but I'm not sure if I can just delete the user(s) listed and add new users, or if there is another setting that I should also change. Can anyone offer some advice?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

All you need to do is delete the old user CAL and add the new user.

The only thing that can happen is the user that you've deleted stay there for some time in quarentine, but just if the user has acessed the document in the same day that you deleted his CAL, if I'm not wrong..

Regards,

Gabriel

maxgro
MVP
MVP

here (documents --> user documents) without publisher

red cross to delete, above icon to add    

help button (upper right) for detailed instruction

1.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gabriel. Perhaps you can help me understand a little more about how QlikView licensing works. I understand there are 4 license types. I understand how Named and Document CALs are assigned. What I’m not sure of is how session and usage CALS are implemented. I’ve searched for documents to explain the licensing, but most of them describe the type of licenses available. Can you recommend a document that provides more than the basic information on how CALs are used?

Sincerely,

Bernard Smith | SQL Report Developer

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Massimo. I just reviewed and used the tip you provided. Thank you again for the screenshots.

Sincerely,

Bernard Smith | SQL Report Developer

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

If the cal is consumed by end user you have to wait for next 24 hour from last login.

QlikView have a quarantine time of 24 hours to free a cal once used.

Regards

ASHFAQ

maxgro
MVP
MVP

license