Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizzel123
Creator
Creator

Create trigger on field select of chart to redirect to another sheet.

Hey ,

I have used a variable in charts/table as a field.,  So I want to add trigger ,whenever I click in any value of the field, it must redirect to another sheet .

I wass thinking of using a function on (get field selection(vSum)>0  )    by going in Settings<document properties<triggers
Could u guys please help me out?

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add an Activate Sheet action to the OnSelect field trigger of the field you make a selection in.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gizzel123
Creator
Creator
Author

As i mentioned, i want to put trigger on expression fields(calculated fields) of charts, So i cant use "on select FIeld".

hence i created variables for the expressions cz variables have triggers on them too.

I tried  using setting the  value of  a new variable, say vSelect which i can use in  SHOW SHEET CONDITIONAL,  using the exprssion  =if(GetSelectedCount(vSelect) >0,1,0) .

but  value of variable is not changing, its just 0 all the time.

But its not working.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Selecting a value in an expression column will select the dimension values on the same row. So you still need to use a field trigger. There are no triggers for expression values since they can't be selected in the first place.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gizzel123
Creator
Creator
Author

but I cant use dimensions, they are being used in other tabs n chanrts also..i has to be chart and field specific.