The reason you are getting the web page error is because you need to have the repository. The repository is a main component that stores various configuration and setting information.
- Please uninstall completely using the associated program from add/remove programs
- Delete the directory structure: C:\ProgramData\Qlik
- Ensure you are logged in to the machine with an Admin equivalent ID that has local admin rights
- Install the software with that account - all default services
- make sure you are using the correct machine DNS name
Note: You need to have the repository database installed from a main server. If the installation is failing during the repository, that may indicate a conflict. There should be an installation log available to see what caused it to fail. It may be that you have another database such as PostgreSQL already installed and running. Is that the case? - If so - uninstall that and re-install Qlik Sense.
If you need additional help, please review this links for more troubleshooting and helpful information:
- Qlik Sense Quick Installation Guide (PDF)
- New to Qlik Sense Platform Videos (Server & Management)
- Allocating Access Passes Information Guide (PDF)
let us know how you do.
We are facing a similar issue.
We had to shut down the server due to several hanging tasks which caused this issue.
Now the repository service won't start.
If we perform the solution you proposed, would that affect our qliksense apps, data and configuration??
If so, how can we avoid this for future references? This is not something simple to do!
Hi Phil - at this point - if you are using Qlik Sense Server - to you have a support contract with your partner or Qlik? I rather you got through the support channel as I don't want to misguide you and have you lose anything important. We would need more information as to why the repository service all of a sudden failed to start? Was it working before?