no, I don't think so.
The Governance_Dashboard is a QlikView_app like any other and as such it should be possible to reload it using the QMC.
Of course, all of the script behind the Dashboard is hidden, so this error_message doesn't really help ...
Are all the paths correct? I think you need that profile_directory and such, or am I now confusing that with another tool?
However, I had that for a while, but much of it didn't work for me for lack of access_rights and I didn't need much of what the Governance_Dashboard has to offer, so I constructed my own app that just shows me the server performance, server errors and reload_tasks configured. That and a bit more can be loaded quite easily from the log_files.
The Governance Dashboard is an app (qvw) as well as an 'engine' which is used to scan and gather the logs and metadata. So, you will need to install the Governance Dashboard (using the install executable) on any server where it might reload. That install will add the necessary items to that machine so it can reload. You can, however, use / reload the QVW that is stored in any location (such as on a network shared drive).
I have the same issue (I think), same error message anyway, and reloads fine from the desktop.
Nick didn't reply back that your suggestion did/didn't work so I presume it did.
In my environment, the document location is on a different server than the QVServer(s). Will the Governance Dashboard need to be installed on the server where the QVServer is installed, or where the documents are located? We have a 2 QVServers that are clustered so if the Governance Dashboard needs to be installed on the server I presume both of my servers?
The Governance Dashboard just needs to be installed on all servers where it will be reloaded - in other words, the servers hosting QlikView Distribution Services service. If your two QVServers also reload and distribute apps, then yes, they would both require the installation. In that case, though, you would just use one Governance Dashboard.qvw, probably located in (move the qvw to) the server where documents are loaded.
Good Afternoon Tyler,
I'm still working with Nick on this issue. For the Governance Dashboard to work does Qlikview Desktop also need to be on the server. I'm wondering if the hidden script refers to Qlikview Desktop. As it stands now we can see the dashboard online on the same server that has the other Qlikview apps we want to evaluate. QMC can run the dashboard but fails saying hidden script failure.
I appreciate your insight so far and thank you for your time.
No need to install Qlikview desktop on the server(s) that is reloading the app (via QMC).
1) qlikviewgovernancedashboard.exe is installed on each server where the app might be reloaded
2) a security account is used in QMC to execute the reload of the app. (Service accounts have issues reloading the app.)
3) All folder paths included in the Configuration of the Governance Dashboard are accessible from all servers where the app might reload and using the user account described in 2).
4) The profile folder for the Governance Dashboard can be written to by the account in 2).
These seem to be the most common issues.
If you continue to have issues, send the following to Qlik support to help troubleshoot:
- Screen shot of the “configuration” screen of the Governance Dashboard
- Governance Dashboard.qvw.log
- Description of how your environment is configured:
- Version of QlikView
- Where is GovernanceDashboard.exe installed?
- Where is the reload occurring?
- User account that is reloading it - does it have read/write access to the profiles and file folders?
* in [install directory]\governance_1.1\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun folder