Hi Laura - this may be related to some of the local security and network settings on your machine.
- Start Qlik Sense Desktop
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub
- See if you get the same message
- Close Qlik Sense
- go to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log
- delete all log files
- Start Qlik Sense
- send us new log file that was created - by attaching to this discussion
This also may be related to local network settings, that sometimes involve the use of a proxy server. if you can check your network settings - internet options and make sure to bypass proxy for local addresses:
The try to start Qlik Sense again
Some other things you can also try:
- Uninstall Qlik Sense
- Make sure you are logged in with a user account that can install software
- OR - when installing make sure to choose Run as Administrator...
Let us know how you do. We are committed to your success and want to make sure you have a good experience with the product.