5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2014 3:30 AM by Yaniv Feldman RSS

How to remove info object technical name in qlikview

Hi,

I'm pulling SAP Cube data via qlikview and after selecting the material characteristics in my report, i'm getting the data as shown below:

SALES (TEST) Materia - SALES (TEST) Materia Level 01 (Key)SALES (TEST) Materia - SALES (TEST) Materia Level 01 (Text)
      [MATSALES1].[CB-0014]Alulite 8

How can i remove the technical name from this column - SALES (TEST) Materia - SALES (TEST) Materia Level 01 (Key)?

Please advise if anyone knows the solution, thanks.

• Re: How to remove info object technical name in qlikview
          Juan Olivares

You have many ways to change the name of a field in QV, even I don't see exactly what you want, let me tell you something

Load field.descrip as MyField

SQL

SELECT field

from...

Other way is in your working sheet, every field name can be change inside the object

Hi Juan,

Assuming this is my column name and data:

SALES (TEST) Materia - SALES (TEST) Materia Level 01 (Key)SALES (TEST) Materia - SALES (TEST) Materia Level 01 (Text)
              [MATSALES1].[CB-0014]Alulite 8

I want to remove the [MATSALES1] from [MATSALES1].[CB-0014], this applies to all the row data i'm pulling from the infoprovider. How can we do that for all the fields? Why are we getting technical name as prefixes in my data?

Thanks.

Yaniv Feldman

You can extract the InfoObject key or Long/Med/Short Desc with the OLAP connector.

Please do the following in your extraction syntax (assuming the infoObject is called MATSALES1 )

SELECT PSEUDOMDX D (

DIMENSIONS (

[MATSALES1] ([2MATSALES1]),

After the extraction is completed you will have an additional field that reflects the Infobjects key in a formatted way

Thanks

Yaniv

Hi Yaniv

Attached is my qlikview screenshot to select material master key and description as per your advice.

m.gif

Why is 2MATSALES1 and 5MATSALES1 appearing in the attribute display area ? So in future, if i need to select a column's key and description without technical name, i will come to this area? What's the default prefix to select an info object Long/Med/Short Desc? Does it start with 2[info object technical name],5[info object technical name],1[info object technical name] ?

Thanks!