4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2014 2:04 PM by Peter Rieper RSS

Flexibilize the LOAD of a bunch of Excel_files

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have the requirement, in the context of a larger piece of code, to load the personnel_plans of our forklift_personnel.

They have one plan per week. They copy it from one week to the next and just adapt the contents - and they still manage to build slight variations into the filename - one blank more or less, which is too much for QlikView - unless ...

The general format is this:

>>> Schichtplan_NTB1_Ivan KW33 Früh <<<

<=> Sometimes, they make it like this (for instance)

>>> Schichtplan_NTB 1_Ivan KW33 Früh <<<

I am now trying to flexibilize that and I have a rather complex formula for that:

>> MID(Dateiname, INDEX(REPLACE(UPPER(Dateiname), ' ', '_'), 'N', 2), 4)  <<

=> That is, I cut out 4 digits starting from the 2nd iteration of the letter 'N', which should then be the plant_name.

The next thing I have to do is find out if within those 4 letters, there is an '_';

<=> That's where I am currently stuck. It just won't work.

Can you help me there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: It seems there is some confusion of the '_' with the BLANK - QlikView doesn't seem to notice the '_' in those 4 letters, it doesn't show, so I cannot query if it is there ... it does notice a BLANK, though... How can that be, I have replaced BLANKs in the first step!?