13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2014 8:58 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Problem aggregating a table and joining

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

- From our database I get a list of bookings, each with an exact date-time-stamp and the signon of the user. I will attach a small sample file to illustrate what I have

- I want the last (actually the second-to-last) booking of each individual box - the others are not relevant.

- To this end, I aggregate and I use the max() function to get the last entry, like this:

Noconcatenate

Transaction_aux:
      LOAD

TRACKING_NUMBER as Track_AOS,

max(TRAN_DATE) as Letzte_Buchung
      RESIDENT Transaction_Details_pre
      GROUP BY TRACKING_NUMBER;

(I  cannot include the user here, otherwise I'd only get the last posting grouped by user, but I want the absolute last booking of that box)

The next step is to join the user from the original table via the TRACKING_NUMBER and the TRAN_DATE (which, together, form a unique key to every booking)

JOIN (Transaction_aux)
      LOAD

TRACKING_NUMBER as Track_AOS,

TRAN_DATE as Letzte_Buchung,

USER_SIGNO as Letzter_Bucher
      RESIDENT Transaction_Details_pre;
      DROP TABLE Transaction_Details_pre;

<=> For some reason, I still have multiple bookings - and thus multiple users - in the resulting table though the date-time-stamp is not the same.

Needless to say, I cannot use that - I need exactly one booking per TRACKING_NUMBER so I can then join with the names of the employees who were on duty
            at that time.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler