Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III

Drill down dimension in stacked bar chart

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart with two dimensions where the first dimension is a drill down-down consisting of country and region.

My problem is that I am not able to select a country on the x-axis of the chart in order to drill into the regions for this country. I am only able to select a country in a filter and then the chart drills into regions.

Shouldn't it be possible to select a dimension value from a stacked bar chart? I can see now that it is not related to the drill-down dimension as I have the same inability to select a specific country from the x-axis when the first dimension is country.

Thanks for your help.

BR

Daniel

1 Reply
daniel_s-cubed
Author

Hi again,

I haven't got any response to my question so I will try again.

To me it seems like there is a bug in Qlik Sense (both previous and latest version) as it is not possible to select a dimension value from a stacked bar chart by simply clicking on it.

When I click on a dimension value - e.g. CAN as below the only thing that happens is that the chart is activated:

However, when I do the same thing in a non-stacked bar chart I get the expected outcome - i.e. the value CAN is selected:

I get that you can select by highlighting a range as shown below but the most intuitive is to click on dimension value as you can do in all other charts.

Best regards

Daniel