4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2014 5:12 PM by Nils Morris RSS

How to get max date's related result for each month dimension

Dear fellow Qlikers,

I've had the following problem many times while working on my reports:

If I have a weekly reported metric and then want to show it's results in a monthly basis by taking the last week available of the month as the monthly result, how can I do that?

Here's a practical example:

Month-weekMetric
      1-140
      1-238
      1-343
      1-441
      2-142
      2-236
      2-338
      2-442
      3-139

For this example, I'd like to show the monthly results as follows:

Month 1:   41

Month 2:   42

It seems like such a basic thing but I haven't found any viable solution to it yet. Using the set analysis max(date) would give me the overall maximum date, which I don't want. Is there any way of relating the set analysis formulas to the value of the dimension?

Please help me with this, it will help me solve many issues .

Thanks and best regards!!,

Sergio Peschiera

• Re: How to get max date's related result for each month dimension
          Nils Morris

Hi

Just a quick question. In what format is your Month-Week field?

• Re: How to get max date's related result for each month dimension

Hello Nils,

Thanks for answering this fast!

Month is in the following format: mmm-FYXX (example: jun-FY14)

Week      ""                    ""          : ww-FYXX (example: 44-FY14)

Both formats are recognizable with the maxstring() function. The thing is that if I use {< calendarweekfy={"$(=maxstring(calendarweekfy))"} >} in set analysis, the function will return the maximum overall week. Hence, it only works for the last month.

I've already figured a workaround by flagging the last week of the month in the calendar, but it doesn't always work, sometimes data is updated twice in a week so the last week of the month may contain two possible dates. What I'm looking for (for this case and several others I've been presented with a similar problem) is that the functions inside the set analysis are affected by the current dimensions they're related to. I'm not sure if Qlikview allows this but I think it'd be very helpful. Please let me know your comments, Nils. Thanks again for your help!

Sergio