Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most successful dashboards for providers using clinical data

I would love to hear from peers what was your most successful dashboard using clinical data that made the difference for people in your organization working with patients (clinicians and providers) not only the leadership.

So far I've heard success stories about ED dashboards - anyone else tried to create something that was a great success with physicians and made their life easier?

8 Replies
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Great question Boris and good timing! Bassett Medical Center will be showcasing some clinical apps that are used by providers on the December 11 Webinar.

Register here: http://go.qlik.com/Bassett_Webinar_Registration.html

In particular, look out for the use case around Inpatient and Outpatient Metrics – Bassett provides its clinicians with dashboard access to a vast array inpatient and outpatient metrics and key indicators and allows for user data extraction. Learn how access to this data has evolved best practices.

I know other organizations out there are doing great things with apps for providers/clinicians. Please share!

Not applicable
Author

We use QlikView in a wide variety of applications at our hospital and as you surmised many are more geared at leadership than at the clinicians. So I will share a few thoughts about applications that are a hit with both.

ED Dashboard - Oh yeah that's old news.

Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) - Is one of our biggest that was a hit with both physicians and with administration. Administration likes the application because it helps them find the under performing physicians. Physicians liked it initially because they were able to quickly see that their diligence in entering orders electronically was being recognized. As they used it more often they realized it was a great tool to mediate conversations with IT order builders. They were able to quickly show which order types needed to computerized into order sets that were still on paper only and those that should be tied together into order sets to make things flow even smoother on entry.

Surgical Costing - Was an application that was clearly built for administration to discover which surgeons had costs for the same surgeries that were way out of line with other surgeons. Just as an aside ... I was kind of skeptical when physicians started asking for access. I incorrectly assumed they just wanted to try and find flaws. To my great pleasure the surgical team(s) that requested access were more anxious to try and reduce costs than administration. Many new that other items were available and could be used but didn't know which other surgeons used them so they could ask for their feedback. It serves as a great communication starting tool. Over time the application has been more heavily used by clinicians than by administration and proved that clinicians don't have to have administration swing an axe if they are provided with the data that can help them improve on their own.

Document Tracking - Another application built "for" administration originally that is used by physicians. Instead of searching all over the place in our EMR the physicians can get a quick list of documents that they haven't signed.

Hopefully these give you some idea ... besides the ridiculously successful ED Dashboard that we have built and serve as conversation starters if nothing else.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for sharing, Dalton, and BIG thank you for your very inspirational presentation at Qlik World Conference in Orlando. How can we convince you to do a webinar with Qlik and share some of your cool dashboards? I think our community will greatly benefit from this.

natebrunner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Should be a good talk, looking forward to it.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

daltonruer Can i get a sample of ED dashboard .

Not applicable
Author

You are getting your wish ... webinar scheduled for January 27'th from 1-2 PM. Looking forward to sharing some of what I shared at the conference with others, and sharing a great deal more with those of you that had to deal with my bricks at QlikWorld. Thanks for the nudge to do this. Really looking forward to it.

Not applicable
Author

I'm happy to share slides from the presentation that I did at QlikWorld. Several of them show my ED Dashboard to give you a good idea of what it looks like. Our company policy is not to share screen shots with any data in so the only shots I have (as of now) that I can share are the ones in this presentation. Due to the size I've upoloaded it to my blog site and you are welcome to download. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. But I think the screen shots give a pretty good idea of what the tool does.

http://qlikdork.com/Documents/NortheastGA_61_approved.pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is great news, Dalton! I am sure a lot of people will appreciate your presentation as much as I did!