Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bubble size

Hi all,

I have a chart where bubble size depends on a count expression. Everything is fine until when I have count = 0 for all of the elements in the other dimension. I need the bubbles to disappear (instead of displayed in max size) if the count value for all the bubbles is zero. Does any one have a solution for this?

thanks in advance

9 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

A workaround would be to put an expression like the following in the background color of the first expression:

if(count(Item)=0,white())

In that way the the bubble "disappears"

Regards.

vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

i have got the same Problem. But the workaround is no solution, because many points on the map do not have a value. Has someone still another idea?

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

can you select the 'suppress Zero value' available in the 'Presentation tab' in chart properties?

vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

yes. "suppress Zero values" is selected, but it does not have any effects.

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

and what about "Suppress NULL values" in DImension Tab ?

Not applicable
Author

When I tried, all zero and null values are suppressed in the chart after selecting the 'supress zero values' and 'suppress null values'

Can you upload the document?

-Haneesh

vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

null values are also supressed, but it also doesn't have an effect. Enclosed the document.

Thanks for your help

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Suppress zero and missing don't work well because X and Y still have values, so can do the following:

=if(num(Revenue, '#.##0 €;-#.##0 €') >= num(vSimvalue,'#.##0 €;-#.##0 €'),avg ())

=if(num(Revenue, '#.##0 €;-#.##0 €') >= num(vSimvalue,'#.##0 €;-#.##0 €'),avg (Yes))

and after a certain number on the slider QlikView will say "No Data to Display"

or else you can change the style to two-dimensional dots and put this expression in the background color of the x-expression

=if(num(Revenue, '#.##0 €;-#.##0 €') < num(vSimvalue,'#.##0 €;-#.##0 €') or isnull(num(Revenue, '#.##0 €;-#.##0 €')),white(0))

and that will present a clean map after a certain number on the slider. The 0 in the white function makes it tranparent and again it has to be the two-dimensional dot style.

Regards.

vonpape
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excellent, Thank you Big Smile