3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2014 2:54 PM by Arthur Molino RSS

P Function not aggregating as i'd like it to...

Richard Fenner

Hi there,

This query has been irritating me for a couple of days now. Help would be much appreciated.

I am trying to get a market share calculation right. I have simplified my problem and put it into a QVW demo file.

In this file you will see that there are 2 stores with 2 separate promotions for a supplier. All i would like to do (as seen in the top straight table) is calculate the Promotional Product vs Total Market.

NOTE: the total market is the total category i.e. a=forks, b=knives.........

In the 'Marketshare Analysis' chart the [Copper Focus Brand Sales] is correct .

The 'Complete Basket Sales' is wrong. Which makes the rest of the chart incorrect.

The way in which i get a correct Complete Basket is by making the following selection within the model (from cleared state):

1. select a store,

2. select promotionalflag = yes,

3. select supplier = coppercorp,

4. select possible Categories,

5. deselect PromotionalFlag and Supplier.

This will give you the directly competing market for the promotional items.

I hope this is clear to you, it is quite difficult to explain but in my chart - Complete Basket Sales should balance to the above selection criteria but i think the P function is selecting a wider range.

What i need to do is somehow aggregate my P function by store...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.