Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

FIELD includes HTML MARKUP - MAcro to export to Internet Explorer?

I have a field that has email contents but it also contains all the html markup from the email, and I was thinking is it possible to have a macroc that exports the field contents to IE ?

Thus replacing the text with a text link/button that goes to a Internet Explorer which will display the field as is.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You surely can show links in qlikView. Clicking them will open the default browser (Iexplorer ?) to a link == a file hosted somewhere == you have to generate and serve those HTML files without qlikView

-alex

Not applicable
Author

yes , I dont actually want to have generated html files as my QV document changes dynamically every reload, with email threads expanding etc . I simply want to have the email contents field which is full of html turned into a link that copies it to IE?

Hope that makes sense..

Not applicable
Author

To open stuff in browser, it has to be either a file stored in users computer, or a link = a file served by a web server.

You could make a macro to export QV fields to temporary files in user's computer, and open that in browser. But how do you clear up the temporary files ? Besides the security risk, you will fill people's hard drives..

Why don't you just remove all HTML tags, and show in QlikView a large text box with plain text? Well, replace <br> and </p> into line breaks, but that's about it.

-Alex