Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Overflow outside container?

Hi all,

How do you overflow outside the extensions container? Like the tooltip of the linechart.

Cheers

Karl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik,

Couldn't get the CSS approach to work so I added the tooltip to the body like you suggested. To not leave the tooltip behind, I added it while not in edit mode and removed it in edit mode. Used a function to calculate the offset from the container to the body to calculate the right position.

Thanks again for the help.

Karl

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Karl,

There is nothing that stops you from inserting stuff in the HTML document outside of your assigned element, though I would advise you to be very careful when you do this, so that you don't leave stuff behind when your extension is removed. A better solution would probably in most cases be to keep your content within your element and use CSS to position it the way you want.

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erik,

I tried a bunch of CSS tips found with Google, but nothing worked. Could you point me in the right direction?

Karl

ErikWetterberg

Try something like 'position:absolute;top:50px;left:50px'. You should be able to set top and left to negative values too.

Erik

ErikWetterberg

The easiest way to test this (and css in general) is to use Developer tools and modify the css until it looks the way you want it.

/Erik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik,

Couldn't get the CSS approach to work so I added the tooltip to the body like you suggested. To not leave the tooltip behind, I added it while not in edit mode and removed it in edit mode. Used a function to calculate the offset from the container to the body to calculate the right position.

Thanks again for the help.

Karl