Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator

Copying Selections into Alternate States

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have some filters in Default State, and have copied the same filters to be in State-1 and State-2.

Now when I select anything in the Default State filters, i want those selections to appear in the filters in State-1 and State-2 (over-ride if anything was present there). I am using this to drive some ad-hoc columns for comparison.

I don't want to use filed level triggers as there are lots of filters which will make the application slow.

Is there any way we can pass the selections in the Default State filter to the Filters in the other Alternate States?

Regards,

Diwakar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Once you've defined alternate states the actions Select in Field and Copy State Contents can be used to apply selections in another state. You can add such actions to buttons or text objects so the user has control over when the actions will be executed.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Once you've defined alternate states the actions Select in Field and Copy State Contents can be used to apply selections in another state. You can add such actions to buttons or text objects so the user has control over when the actions will be executed.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gysbert,

Wow!!  I never knew that those Alternate State actions appeared after an Alternate State was defined.

Many thanks for posting.