|Salary:||£25,513 - £30,434 per annum|
Line Manager: Deputy Head of Planning Support
Contract: Fixed Term for 9 Months (Maternity Cover)
Bath Spa University’s vision is to be a leading educational institution in creativity, culture, enterprise and education. With innovative teaching and learning, focussed research excellence and state-of-the-art facilities, we put our students at the very centre of all we do.
Planning Support’s mission is to “Enable the University to achieve its aims by providing robust and appropriate systems, integrated for efficiency, supported by skilled staff.” The University has ambitious plans for growth in student numbers. This growth will bring with it increased demand on the systems we support.
About the role
This role is a maternity cover post (9 months) in the Core Systems team at Bath Spa University. You will be engaging with stakeholders to determine user requirements for new reports (as well as improvements for existing reports) before interpreting these to visualise a solution consistent with the current design. You will advocate and promote the use of these applications amongst staff offering support and training where appropriate.
You will possess a proven track record for delivering attractive, easy to use, insightful QlikView applications through the use of best practice. It is essential for the postholder to have excellent communication skills, strong technical skills and a strong sense of design.
Strong SQL, ETL, attention to detail and analytical skills will be a significant benefit in this role. The data for our QlikView applications typically comes from our core systems - Finance, HR, Payroll, Student Records - from Microsoft SQL Server databases. You will make use of additional data from a variety sources to enhance analysis and provide better insight. Your strong technical skills will enable you to provide excellent support and technical advice to those specifying or consuming QlikView applications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To gather requirements and specifications from users within the University for Data Analysis applications.
- To interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- To create and test Analysis applications from SQL Server Databases, data stores (e.g. QlikView QVDs), Excel spreadsheets, Text Files, Web Based Datasets.
- To have a basic understanding of ETL Load Scripts in order to add functionality to existing Data Models and Analysis Applications.
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation for Analysis applications.
- To apply design guidelines to Analysis Applications.
- To ensure a consistent look and feel to all Analysis Applications and reporting, balancing Bath Spa’s Branding guidelines and usability.
- To liaise with departments and users to ensure that Analysis Applications fulfil changing requirements.
- To be able to discuss and explain Analysis Applications and Data Models to end users.
- Other duties commensurate with the grade and scope of this post.
THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED.
Message was edited by: Chris Stedham