Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mthernandezg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trigger task not found 11.2 SR9

We are changing our Publisher cluster from two servers with Windows 2008 SR2 and QlikView Server 11.2 SR 5 to new servers with Windows 2012 R2 and QVS 11.2 SR9.

First, we installed QVS 11.2 SR5 on the new servers, configured the Remote Management Services and imported the tasks to the new environment. Up to this point all tasks are working correctly.

The problem comes when we try to upgrade the new servers to SR9, for it throws a "Trigger task not found" exception on several tasks. We’ve tried different approaches upgrading the servers but every time the same error appears.

1. Import tasks from SR5 to SR5 then upgrade to SR6, SR8 or SR9.
  2. Import tasks from SR5 directly to SR9.
  3. Clone task
  4. Delete and Create task all over again.

All attempts have failed showing the same error, are there any missing steps or suggestions we should try?

14 Replies
cleite2014
Creator
Creator

I have done a new install of QV 11.2 SR9 on a new Windows 2012 R2 server and have the same issue for tasks to be triggered by a previous task.  The reload is enabled an the trigger is enabled and picked from the list but the message on the Status tab > Tasks is "Trigger task not found (*task_name*)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Not applicable

I too am experiencing this problem.  I have tried an upgrade using V11.2SR9 and another upgrade using V11.2SR7 with the same results.  I still get the "Trigger task not found" error on the QMC.  Even if you try and update the trigger within the task it will not take the update and I still see the "Trigger task not found" error.  Has anyone out there found a resolution to this?  I've even tried generating a new workorder and replacing the QVPR to no avail.

Thanks!

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Max, Thanks for adding your experience in.  Your steps are the same I have taken with no resolution as of yet.

Not applicable

Hi guys

This seems to be related to a fix we did in SR6. Previous to the fix we did not warn if the trigger file could not be found, leading to the scheduled status of the task was blank in QMC Status tab.

For some reason the task trigger file has been lost in your set up. You should see that this trigger actually has not been active even before the upgrade.

Try to remove the trigger and add it again.

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

The Trigger folder is in place in the directory.  My question is part of the issue the status of the completed task.  The status in the Task Results folder for a task is Completed not Successful as the trigger is looking for in the setup.  Is there someplace to set the default value for a successfully completed task to match what the trigger is expecting?  I have tried to remove and recreate the trigger and still get the same results.  It will run manually and then the next occurence and then stop.

Not applicable

Thank you for the response.  However; I must disagree with the statement that the trigger was not active even before the upgrade.  I have a perfectly good functioning publisher in version 10 on a vm test server.  I can run it multiple days and all the tasks and their triggers work fine.  Once I upgrade the server to V11 I get the 'Trigger Task not found' error.  This is not just a service release upgrade in 11, but an upgrade from 10 to 11.  I am seeing some folder structure changes in the V11 environment in the C:\ProgramData\Qliktech\DistributionService and C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService paths.

In the V11 environment I see a new folder In the DistributionService folder called Tasks.

The Triggers folder is found in the DistributionService folder in both V10 and V11.

There are also differences between 10 and 11 in regards to the WorkOrder.  In V10 the WorkOrder file in the WorkOrder folder (ManagementService path)  is a single xml file.  In V11 there is a new folder with a separate xml file for every single task.

I have approximately 316 tasks with triggers.  That's a lot to recreate manually.

At the moment, I have reverted back to my V10 environment so I cannot detail the V11 structure further until I try another upgrade. 

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

The last execution shows as Never in the new install.  I go into edit the task and the trigger does show up.  I have done as Magnus suggested to remove the trigger and recreate it.  The task runs the first time but does not run again.  An example of a single non dependent process has a task trigger set up to run on the daily schedule M-F from 4:00 AM to 8:30 PM every 2 hours starting at 9:30 AM today  with no end date.  I manually ran the task at 8:58 and the next run showed scheduled at 9:30 AM as anticipated.  9:30 AM run completed successfully with a status of Complete in the Task History and the Scheduled show for today at 11:30 AM.  It is now 12:05 PM and nothing has happened.

Any other suggestions???

Another bit of info.  When I search for the trigger I do find it in the ProgramData > QlikTeck > Publisher > Qlikview Distribution Service > Triggers folder with a value of Trigger_****.

Is this not the correct directory??

Not applicable

Ah, I was more think of a minor SR upgrade. Moving from v10 to v11.20 is a completely different thing. So much has changed in this area and finding the reason will be much trickier. I suggest you contact Qlik Support to get assistance.

Not applicable

Hi Craig.

I recommend you to enable Debug logging on Distribution Service and then check the logs for some answers, The

Root log would be the first one to check for problem.

The Workorder log you should find entries like:

FireTriggerWaiterThread: Next up is the trigger '<ID>' for the task '<TASKNAME'. Sleeping until <DATETIME>

FireTriggerWaiterThread: Activating the trigger '<ID>' to start the task '<TASKNAME'.